Find Homestay Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms & conditions for using our website findhomestay.com.
Use of our website constitutes acceptance of all terms & conditions stated here. If you do not agree please refrain from using our service and website.
We reserve the right to update and amend these terms & conditions at any time. When changes are made we will reflect this on the site. It is your responsibility to read the terms & conditions regularly.
By using the website, private third parties (guests) can book accommodation with a homestay host service provider (hosts). Hosts trade on their own behalf.
All services provided by Find Homestay are provided 'as is'. This means that Find Homestay assumes no responsibility for the timeliness of communications, the misdelivery of information, the availability of the service, or the misconduct of any of its members.
Find Homestay acts as an intermediary for the services provided. Find Homestay is not a party included in the agreement between the guest and the service provider and has no responsibility or liability to the user (whether the user is a guest or a service provider) in respect of the terms of the contract.
Find Homestay assumes no responsibility for the content of any of the data held by Find Homestay. Members are responsible for ensuring that the information that is entered does not breach any copyright, intellectual property, obscenity or other laws relating to the written word in printed or electronic form.
Find Homestay offers free registration for guests and hosts. Hosts must have had at least one month paid listing to be shown on the site. Payments are handled by a PayPal or Stripe subscription agreement recurring each month. A host can switch between a paid and free listing at any time. There is no contracted period.
Terms of payment to the host are agreed directly between the guest and the host.
Find Homestay reserves the right to change the fees charged or introduce fees for any of the services at any time. If we introduce a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service, unless otherwise stated.
An arrangement between host and guest is a private transaction to which Find Homestay has no involvement, liability nor receives commission.
- You will provide complete and accurate personal information when registering to use the website.
- You shall not attempt to damage or harm the Find Homestay website or services.
- You shall not enter obscene or objectionable material on the Find Homestay website. This includes messages, images, the information in your profile or any other form of information that can be entered on the website. Find Homestay will be the sole judge of what is considered obscene or objectionable.
- Find Homestay shall not be used by its members to advertise or promote products or services. Find Homestay may remove the member from, and deny access to the website.
- Users must be over 18 years old to register with Find Homestay.
- Find Homestay reserves the right to remove a host's profile and any other information entered by users. Find Homestay takes no responsibility for any lack of system availability, and no responsibility is assumed for the corruption of any of the data held by Find Homestay.
Provisions to guests
By accepting these terms and conditions, hosts agree to supply their guests with the following:
- A private bedroom
- This should include a bed, bedding and bed linen and either a cupboard or drawers for storage.
- All guests must have access to a shared or private bathroom with toilet and washing facilities.
- Guests must have access to a kitchen and use of cooking facilities, crockery and kitchen utensils.
- Guests should be given a key to the household.
These facilities are mandatory and without them a host cannot register with Find Homestay.
Find Homestay also gives hosts the opportunity to provide meals to guests during the registration process.
Sale of Business
In the event of sale, merger, acquisition or liquidation of Find Homestay, we reserve all rights to transfer all information provided by the host to the acquiring party or legal successor.
Find Homestay will not make your email address and other information available to any third party. A host's email address, password and address are not shown on the host's profile page. The host's phone number is only shown on their profile page if they expressly choose.
Find Homestay does not store your credit card details at any stage. All payments are made using a secure PayPal or Stripe website.
Find Homestay collects and uses your information to operate this website and deliver the services you have requested. By visiting Find Homestay.com and providing Find Homestay with personal information, you are accepting and consenting to Find Homestay using your information to inform you of other products or services available from Find Homestay.
Find Homestay reserves the right to translate any collected data (interests of guests and service providers, service scope, etc.) into the languages in which Find Homestay is available.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of Find Homestay is at your sole risk. Find Homestay expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Find Homestay makes no warranty that
- the services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free,
- that the information provided on the site is error-free or reliable,
- the quality of the products or services obtained through Find Homestay will meet your requirements.
- No advice or information that is obtained by you from Find Homestay or otherwise shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of liability
You agree to use the Find Homestay website at your own risk. Therefore, Find Homestay is not liable to any party in contract, or negligence for damage, claim, loss, costs or expenses, specifically for:
- Any special loss
- Any loss of revenue, profits, business or contracts
- Any loss of data
- Any loss of reputation
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Find Homestay shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses that result from the service, or the inability to access the service.
- Find Homestay shall not be liable for any loss, damage or misadventure you may suffer in the host family house, or elsewhere.
- Find Homestay shall not be liable for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from services provided by Find Homestay.
- Find Homestay shall not be liable for the conduct or statements of other third parties to the service.
- Find Homestay is not responsible for the guest or host family actions. Find Homestay's only role is to provide an online platform to facilitate guests and hosts to communicate and enter private arrangements.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content on these sites.
The Terms and Conditions above and any contract entered into pursuant to these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions in regards to the Terms and Conditions or your personal information, please contact us.